Contact me

Monday, February 16, 2009

Frequencies and side project




More last minute details. I know for a fact that at least 3 of us use the 12 channel remote to control something in our robots. In my case I use it with the CFII Sound card. Last time at MegaCon I remember a few builders controlling each others droid with the 12 channel remotes. So tonight I modified my remote and receiver to use a different frequency. The hardest part was removing the boards from my droid so I could solder them. You have to solder a few connection points together on a bank of pins on the receiver and then match the solder point to a similar connection on the remote. I need to break down and buy a fine soldering iron as mine is a little bit too large and clunky (but I love it).

I also fixed my Robby gyros which got busted at MegaCon 2 years ago. Not a real big repair and only took an hour.

Yesterday I had my jawa nephew over and we worked on our "side project" that we would like to have done before MegaCon. It will be a life size foot from a droid that will look like it was blasted off from a battle. We hope to put scorch marks on it and melted wires coming out the ankle and make it driveable. It's close but with the tight time limits between now and MegaCon, we're not sure we'll have it ready by then. My assistant Jawa is working hard so we'll see if we can get it done.

No comments: