Contact me

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Primer and some white paint

The skins and skin panels were cleaned with acetone and shot with a coat of self etching aluminum primer. Then the stationary panels were glued to the skins and they look nice. I always try very hard to keep any glue from seeping into the edges so it has a nice crisp look.

Several panels that will be on hinges were singled out to get a coat of white kind of as another test to be sure on the shade of white. They both came out very nice and I'm 100% confident with my inexpensive lowes brand of white satin paint. With the dome pretty much complete and the body coming together and soon to be white, a droid is starting to take shape.



2 comments:

Brenda's blog said...

Awesome!!! your panels show up real good on your doors. That is the look Calvin wants, any Tips?

Brenda

Jim said...

Thanks Brenda. Well, I haven't done the whole thing in white yet so we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully it will be white by the time you and Calvin come by on the 27th. No real tips other than what I wrote on the blog. Just try to keep glue from seeping out from the panels.