Contact me

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

C3PO Pistons and final R2 Skin preparation

Got a lot done today. I finished organizing all the body skin panels and gluing the final panels together for R2. Next step is to prime and paint them.

I also installed these beautiful machined C3PO arm pistons I got from Jerry C. last month. After installing them on C3PO, I came up with a great idea to drill a hole in the center of the pistons and tap a hole for a set screw. This solved a big problem I had in posing the arms. Now I can get them to stay in position by tightening the set screw on the pistons. AND IT WORKS GREAT !!! So I'm extremely happy and decided to let C3PO hang out in the garage with R2 for a few days while I get them skins painted.

Another R2 problem thatI may have solved was I used the club blueprints and a partial picture of a Daniel custom NPC motor mount to merge them using a graphics program. I then came up with a rough diagram how to possibly make motor mounts for R2. I was told that there would be a run of the mounts soon ..... and that was about a year and a half ago. So I figured it was time for me to try and fabricate my own mounts to use the custom NPC Disney motors. Confidence is high but I'll have to chop up my aluminum ankles and still a little fuzzy on the way the feet sit on this setup.

No comments: