Contact me

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Visualize the Goal


It's been a long time since I posted a picture of what I'm looking to do with these bus stop robots. So I scanned the magazine to create a better picture of what I'm trying to accomplish. The robot artist, Virgil Finlay, has created many pictures of these robots for various sci fi magazines. This particular magazine came out in August of 1958.

With the blessing of my wonderful wife, these robots will soon be sitting on the front porch complete with the Bus Stop sign and luggage. Fortunately my front porch is sheltered from the street and sidewalk with a jungle. Sensors in the robots will activate the heads to turn and look at who's approaching the front door. That's what's been taking so long .... making lightweight heads that can be driven by the installed vex motors.

Our poor mail lady ...

No comments: