So what does the Easter Bunny and the bus stop robots have in common? Easter eggs of course ... just look at the new robot elbows and hands.
In another burst of creative inspiration, I got some of those plastic easter eggs and cut them on the band saw to fit over the joints of the bus stop robot arms. They also will make good wrists or the basis of hands if I can find some good fingers. These bots are getting finished or else !
And yesterday I got that epoxy resin that Mike mentioned and I painted a coat on after thickening it up with the microballoons. That stuff seems to work excellent. I'm not sure how many coats I'll need or how it's going to sand but I think it's a winner. Much better than that plaster stuff I was putting over the styrofoam.
I got a couple more R2 parts and am really starting to get pumped about hitting the R2 project hard around mid March when my frame gets shipped. Once I have that, then R2D2 will be up and running around our house in no time. C3PO will be very glad.