Yes, that's right ... today's great robotic accomplishment was making a ladies robot hat.
I'll admit it felt very strange in Michael's craft shop picking out flowers and lace to make the hat. I always find a lot of great stuff at Michaels for my projects but today shopping for lace, frill and flowers was a change. But I got the stuff and then my wife helped me pick out a hat base at the Salvation Army. We went with a teal colored hat which is not exactly what is in the picture but the material was perfect and the price was even better. If I went with white it would have been impossible to keep clean outdoors.
Several eye experiments left me wondering if the eyes were going to be a tougher part of the project than I thought. Several designs have been made and discarded already. Goofy looking eyes make the robots look stupid.
Thoughts the next morning .... Maybe I'll spray paint the base of the hat silver or dye it .... not too crazy about that color.