I find myself getting an idea and then marrying myself to it. So then I spend hours and hours trying to make it work without looking at other options. Tonight out of the blue I came up with a completely different way to mount the head motors in a simple fashion that will allow removing or repairing the motors easily. Plus this technique also gives the under neck area a lot of strength. Mounting the head may be another problem but I'm not going to think about that quite yet. Still need to build the heads. Might be a good project for tomorrow.
Hopefully the weather will start cooling down in a month or so. It's been crazy hot down here the last couple years. Glad Dad and I installed a ceiling fan over my work bench. Also keeps the mosquitos away at night.