Brad, a fellow B9 builder stopped over today so we could work on his neon. He had an unusual neon setup that had a chip built into the transformer for voice activation. Originally we took it outside to work on a table because my wife threatened us both if we caught the dining room table on fire.
The neon lighted up real nice but the voice activation feature just wouldn't work. When we felt the transformer was safe we brought it into the house and put it on the dining room table with a couple towels under it. Well, murphy struck and poor Brad got a nasty shock from the neon's pull cord. There was a short somewhere in the transformer. That transformer went directly into the trash. Fortunately I had a spare transformer that I was able to give Brad. That one also had a problem but we were able to diagnose it and now his robot now lights up and talks.