Contact me

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Robby Base



Robby's base was a piece of 3/4" plywood which looked pretty ugly. When Brad was over on Sunday he mentioned that diamond plate would look cool as a base for Robby. Today I found a piece of scrap Diamond plate at an aluminum shop and mounted it with plywood underneath. It's the perfect base for Robby.

I have the lights and controllers all spread out on the dining room table and am completely redoing all that. I plan on using blinking LED's instead of the old type of lights with flasher controllers. The blue "eyes" lights of Robby will especially benefit from superbright Blue flashing LED's. I'll have to drill out the light bulbs and glue the LEDS in but it will be worth the extra effort.

I'm starting to kick into overdrive to get these robots ready for the robot invasion. We're overflowing our space and it looks like we're going to have to get a bigger space. Fortunately the promoters are working with us and despite being almost completely sold out, they may have some extra space for us.

No comments: