Contact me

Thursday, March 9, 2006

Nice people


This entry is dedicated to some nice people I stumbled upon in cyberspace. These people live in England and went out of their way to send me some special paint that is only sold in the UK. They made several trips from their home in the countryside to town to procure the paint and then mailed it to me in several packages.

You hear so many bad things about people and it's easy to get down on your fellow rats in the rat race. I forgot to mention that they did all this and asked if they could do it just as a good deed. They refused to be paid anything other than the actual expenses they incurred. That's the kind of people they are. They make it a point in life to do at least one "good deed" a month.

It's been a couple of weeks since I got the paint and it's just a heartwarming experience to be on the receiving end of a good deed. The best part of it is it renews my faith in people. I get very cynical ... especially with the current state of world politics. Thank you Trish & husband in Shropshire ....

In other robot building news, the last couple of days has reaped a few more parts for the C3PO project. Machined eyes and neck bolts and rods. Also got two sets of these cool LED lights that a person in the C3PO club makes. All good stuff.

Today I also researched getting the C3PO professionally plated with a shiny gold finish. It's more work and expense but the results will be worth it.

Here's a photo of some of the C3PO parts

No comments: