I really was in the mood to do some woodworking/ robot building today so I started working on a different approach with my Bender project. The resin tank idea is now scrapped because the proportions are way off. He would have been too big.
The circle cutter was dusted off and attached to the band saw and I started building a new bender head. I'll make it out of MDF, an old bowl I bought at goodwill and some styrene. An idea I had is to use the cut circles for the head/neck base and the OUTSIDE of the cut circle scrap will be used also in the eye portion of Bender.
The weather is nice and it was a great night to be building robots. It feels good to get my hands into the sawdust again.