Tonight my wife and I redid the legs. It's so much easier doing it the second time around. You know what to expect and hopefully remember the mistakes made the first time around. We made sure the seams were nice and straight this time. Gluing them to the legs and waist sections was a piece of cake.
This week I ordered a few cans of of "aeresol rubber" from MccasterCarr (spelling?) but it turns out that I got in the mail was plasti-dip. Even though I don't like plasti-dip for legs I experimented on a few pieces of spare armaflex I had but am still dead set against using it again.
I'll dye the legs and waist tomorrow and re-assemble it. Then I'll finish the knees and may use some plasti-dip on the knees because they are kind of rough from the sandblasting. Those legs look so much better the second time around and I'm glad I took the time to do it right.
Here's a few pictures. There's one of the finished side panel and the inside piece of aluminum channel I use to attach it. I built the side panels because my email was never returned from one of the club vendors. I actually was going to buy hundreds of dollars of parts from the guy but ended up fabricating all of them myself. There's more satisfaction in doing it yourself plus you save money. That's why I love this project ... it's a great learning experience.New Side panels made of MDF