Initially I didn't put enough of a bend into my torso hooks. So tonight I used the vice to bend the ends in a little more (even though they're already finished). Now they fit better with less of a gap under them. Shot em with some more hammered paint and they're good to go.
I'm still not sure if I'm going to use a gasket and if I should paint the gasket first.
I've been doing a lot of thinking how to permanently mount my electronics inside the torso. The 12w power supply gets a little warm and I may need to keep an eye on it. I was going to mount that inside the legs but there's no ventilation in there.