Today was the big day. The day I take this pile of acrylic and turn it into a collar. I spent most of the morning lining up the acrylic circle pieces and trying to come up with a good system to support the pieces.
I ended up cutting 4 pieces of 1/4" acrylic supports to hold it up with 1/8" pieces that were on the ends extending into the upper and lower circle. I took my time and ended up with a solid base that was lined up nicely.
After a few hours my wife and I tackled the collar. I was worried about the fumes in the house but she suggested doing it on the dining room table. Am I a lucky guy or what !!! She even helped me do at least half of the collar. We both glued ribs throughout the day. Yvonne has helped me with a lot of the robot. I feel sorry for her having to listen to me babbling about robot ideas/projects all the time.
We first glued the bottom of the ribs and after they dried I went through and did the tops. There was a little gap with some of the ribs so we weighted them down after applying copius amounts of acrylic glue. It worked just fine and the collar came out great.It's a relief it's done and came out well. I think I've been subconsciously finding excuses to NOT make the collar the last couple of weeks. Glad it's behind me.