Contact me

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Finishing knees and spacing legs





The knees were sanded a little more and bumper rubber paint was applied to them.

It took a lot longer than 10 minutes to dry so I brought them into the house where it was cooler (too much heat and humidity in Florida). After they dried, I sprayed some paint on them and when that dried, I sanded them a little more. They'll need some more paint and/or sealer before I'm through.

I redid my leg spacers again and 1 1/4" is a good number all around. No one inch pieces are needed except between topmost piece. It gets a little tight laying in the pipe insulation but 1.25" the magic number. My wife helped me put the pipe insulation on both sets of legs. Since the legs are all attached together, I made a jig to hold each set. That made applying the glue and pulling the pipe insulation around the wood an easy and clean task. We had no problems at all and wrapped them both in a short period of time. No glue all over the place like some stories I've read. After we were done, I wrapped each section in that 6" plastic wrap you can get at office supply stores. That will hold it in place while it dries.

I still need to assemble the waist pieces and attach them to the legs. That's for tomorrow. I had to finish the legs before I could hook them together.

No comments: