After work I sanded the daylights out of the tread section again. It looks much better now. Restacking the components and staring at it for about an hour gave me some good ideas. My wife brought a pad of paper out so I could write the ideas down after I got them. Plus bouncing some of them off her solidified my decisions. Now I have a plan to put the B9 together solid. I can use a bunch of the new hardware I bought yesterday.
I also played with the sound system some more and it works perfect. What a sweet system with many flexible ways to configure it. My robot will be talking this weekend and should start looking good. I got all weekend cleared to work on it.