Contact me

Saturday, January 23, 2010

R2D2 destroyed by Jawas


This is a picture of a full size R2D2 after being blasted by Jawas. As you can see, there's not much left of the poor droid even though he still can drive around on one foot.

This is a project I've been working on with my nephew over the past year and something I wanted to add to my "done" list. So we're getting close. We had fun welding and melting steel for the top part of the ankle using a cutting torch, plasma cutter and arc welder. Lots of fun and the effect is very cool to look at. This foot drives and can be controlled by a remote control and even has a camera mounted inside that can transmit to a computer while it's cruising around.

There's still several things to do before it's completed but we're getting close.


In other news, the cold spell finally broke down here and I got a chance to get out on the water last week.

No comments: