Contact me

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009




Pumpkin carved, Batteries charged, and R2 ready to go out trick er treating tonight. Our robot pumpkin turned out pretty cool although I can't take credit for the idea. It's similar to a pumpkin I saw on one of my favorite websites (Robotsnob.com) a week or so ago. Very appropriate for our house even though I don't plan on having any other robots out tonight other than R2. And R2 will be out in the neighborhood. I was going to drag B9 or Robby over to the front door but my back's a little sore and yanking them monsters around wouldn't do it much good so our little robot pumpkin is going to have to fill in.

I also removed the bus stop robots from the front porch to keep kids from yanking their arms and legs off. Most of the kids are very good but it just takes one or two to mess things up. One kid last year started wildly beating R2 over the dome with his bag of candy. Sugar high no doubt but at least an adult stopped him before he did any damage. Tomorrow we'll be bringing R2 to The "Star Wars in Concert" which is endorsed by Lucasfilms. We'll be with the 501st which will be a ball and we're looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pumkin, Jim. Have fun trick or treating, and at the concert.


Danf

Jim said...

Thanks Dan !