Contact me

Sunday, December 14, 2008

More problems need addressing

It was nice putting R2 back together with all the fancy details added. It took me all day and by evening the droid was operational once again. B U T ..... it's not complete as there's still quite a few things that need to be done because of several major problems I uncovered.

1. There's a problem with my power. Either the battery is bad, the charger isn't charging or ???. When I drive my droid up the driveway it really struggles with power. I know there's just not enough juice because the sound system also sounds crackly when R2 gets "tired". This is a major problem that needs to be addressed.

2. The center wheel is off center big time. It even rubs on the foot shell in tight turns and backing up. Not good. I suspected this would be a problem and it is. So I'm going to order a more appropriate caster and redo the center foot caster mount. Not that big of a problem but time consuming.

3. One of my rear outer feet are not level. That's right. The foot shell with it's beautiful mount and all is tilted a little forward which just sucks. I don't have a clue how I'm going to fix that problem. May need to drill a new motor mount set of holes. That's pretty radical so I need to sleep on this one.

But the good news is my little R2 looks beautiful with his new paint job and shiny details.

------------ Picture of R2 and some of the front foot assembly --------------




No comments: