Contact me

Friday, June 27, 2008

Skins to frame setback

I patiently measured and drilled holes in the aluminum skins to attach to the new frame to skin hardware I received. After attaching the skins a thought hit me like a ton of bricks.. The only way I will be able to remove these skins is to first remove the legs of R2 because the hub is positioned over the screws. That doesn't make any sense to me as removing the legs is a bit of work. And of course the legs will have wiring so that will also need to be disconnected.

If I was at an event with R2 and needed to get inside the droid for troubleshooting, I could only go in through the dome unless I remove the legs. So now I'm thinking about re-tapping the holes in the new skin mounting hardware to accommodate small thumb screws. I need to really think this through first.

No comments: