Contact me

Monday, December 31, 2007

Time to burn the calendar

I have to say that 2007 was the worst year on record for us. Nothing comes close. We made it through the holidays but it was tough.

I did some robot repairs and then repaired the repairs and finally the third time was a charm. I swear B9 is haunted. There's still several things that need attention but I'll get to them later. I ended up going back to two voltage regulators for the head. One 1.5 v for the ears (adjustable) and one 5v for the brain cam motor and lights. It slowed the ears down to a more normal rate.

So tonight being New Years eve is a joyous one for Yvonne and I. On New Years day we will say goodbye to 2007 by burning the 2007 calendars in our fireplace. We'll be enjoying a fire in the fireplace with the air conditioning on but what the heck. It will feel right to be done with 2007. Besides our son Paul dying in 2007, we had a slew of other fun challenges. So the way I look at it, 2008 will be a lot better. And it will. I don't mean to complain here because it just is what it is and there's no changing some things. Spiritually, Paul has been around a lot since his death. Amazing messages were received by us from him and we know without a doubt that he's doing great and hanging with us still. We have a lot to be thankful for.

So since this is a robot building blog, I'll get on with the latest breaking building news. R2 will be the major project of 2008. I plan on hitting that project hard toward the end of January when I get my Aluminum R2 JAG frame. Might even start working on some of the other parts earlier.

In case there's anyone reading this blog. I hope you have a great 2008 New Year and thanks for stopping by. 2008 is going to be better.

No comments: