Contact me

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Progress





Depression is hitting us like a ton of bricks but in waves which are slowly starting to come less frequently thanks to some great people we met. You can't fight it and just have to take it slow and easy ...

Yesterday was one month since Paul left us. And it's been the toughest month of our lives to say the least.

So today I decided to get some things accomplished for a change. I finally finished importing the older blog entries and the pictures. That was a job that I'm glad is over. Quite a bit was also accomplished with the bus stop robots.

It never fails. When I initially look at a project it always appears super easy. But usually after diving in, you find out there are a million little problems that need to be solved. And you can't rush the solutions. Often I figure it out while wandering the aisles of Home Depot, Lowes or Ace hardware.

The one problem that's still dogging me is how to make the motors accessible inside the robots. I'll probably have removable shoulder tops but still not 100% on that yet.

Hopefully the momentum will keep flowing so these robots get completed in a reasonable amount of time.

No comments: