Contact me

Friday, June 3, 2005

The madness begins

The urge to build the famous Lost in space robot started churning away in my mind about 6 months ago after meeting someone who built an R2D2 and B9 robot. The first few times I mentioned to the wife that I thought that would be a cool project, she completely objected and said absolutely not because I had too many unfinished projects as it was.

After spending a few weeks on the Appalachian trail, I decided that I needed to try something new. Building a robot seemed like just the right project to work with my hands. I’ve been in “Lost in Space” mode for the past several months playing with video of me and lost in space objects using my green screen.

I’m not a very mechanical person but can usually klutz through a project and eventually finish it. I once restored a 1965 mustang convertible which was the project from hell. But I finished it and it looked and ran great when it was finished.

To make a long story short, I finally found the wife in a weak moment and got her blessing and green light on the robot project. I’m a lucky guy !