Now that MegaCon is getting closer, I need to finalize transportation issues to make sure all my robotic friends travel in comfort.
A few days ago, I found a really nice sturdy, lightweight large round bin at the Habitat for humanity outlet store for $4.00. It fits my B9's head PERFECTLY. That's the collar, radar unit, neck and bubble all assembled. The way my B9 is constructed, two small wires that dangle from the radar unit with quick connectors on them. It takes me about 30 seconds to hook the B9 head up with the rest of the robot. So I'll transport the B9 head in this container in one piece. The other container I had already built for the B9 head will now be used for Robby's head.
Robby's software has been tweaked and I ran him for a couple hours with no problems. His actions appear random which makes it interesting. After the show, I'll get his head to look from side to side occasionally That gives me a fun project to look forward to.
Coordinating the event at MegaCon is also heating up and taking more of my time. Everything is smooth though and we should have 15 to 16 robots and a LOT of builders stopping by and hanging out.