Contact me

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Top and skin

Slow progress is better than no progress. As you can see in the picture, the dome and the skin are now in place and I started cutting and pasting the edges of the arm access hole.

The dome came out great. Better than I imagined. I used construction adhesive to attach the skin to the tube and then wrapped it with plastic wrap to firmly hold the skin in place while the adhesive dried. I use the plastic wrap on a roll that you buy in packaging places. As you wrap things, it tightens up. I used this stuff when I glued my B9 legs and it worked like a charm.

As you can see in the picture there's a spot on the top of the picture where the body dips a little. Unfortunately that's where a shoulder support bar is mounted. I don't think there is much I can do about that and not sure how much will show once I mount the nose and rivets. None of my projects are perfect so I'm not going to sweat a small detail like that yet.

No comments: