Contact me

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Vacuum teardown

I spent most of the long weekend at the beach or doing projects around the house. Not much robot building was done.

I picked up a vacuum cleaner at a flea market to motorize for the Rosie project. After it was completely disassembled I found out how nasty a used vacuum can be. So all the parts were thoroughly scrubbed and disinfected.

It looks like the best way to motorize it will be to completely rebuild the bottom part of the vacuum and just use the top piece of the base and the upright handle piece. I probably won't get around to that for a few weeks.

No comments: