Contact me

Friday, July 9, 2010

The countdown begins

With only a month to go before Celebration V, my to do list all of a sudden sounded an alarm within me.  I'll have to work overtime to finish all the projects required for Celebration V.  First of all, the massive rats nest of wires on the dining room table needs to be finished and then integrated into R2D2.  Then the transmitter needs to be reconfigured and tested.  Plus, I'm still not even sure where I'll have room to mount the new electronics in R2.  Mounting the periscope is a possibility but that's going to probably be put on the back burner for now.

Next I'm going to have to build a special droid transport crate for C3PO and my friend Brad Carpenter's Hoth K3PO.   The plan is for them to ride in the back of my truck along with R2 in his Escape Pod.  It will be tight but do-able if we can build a suitable container.

The "Blown up" R2 foot that is 90% complete needs to be finished.  Then R2D2 needs to be weathered correctly and I will also need to install the new MGA Waterset aluminum claw which is scheduled to be delivered in the next couple weeks.  I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

So it's going to be a busy month.

On the Giraffe front...  This week, Yvonne and I enhanced his spots with a black outline around them.  Makes them stand out and be more distinct.  Much better effect because in the bright sunlight the copper spots tended to blend together.  After a few weeks of heavy rain, I noticed rust in a few spots which is inevitable.  They were mostly around the welds and holes.  It will be interesting to see how this projects weathers.  A little rust will add character to the sculpture.  Hopefully not too much though.

No comments: