Contact me

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I need a taller workshop


Giraffe is looking mighty cool. You could almost say part Giraffe, part Zebra with those ribs looking like stripes on a zebra.

The original plan was to make the head removable but the more I considered this the more I realized that would be virtually impossible. There is a lot of weight on the neck / head so there's no getting around the fact the connection needs to be strong. Bill (The Giraffe) is already taller than my wife at about 5' 5". And that's with only half a body and no legs. He's growing like a weed. The legs of a giraffe are very long so I'm guessing he may end up around fifteen feet tall. The dilemma of course will be working on this project in my cozy garage. Especially when the legs are attached. I'm guessing they're going to have to be removable.

No comments: