Contact me

Sunday, January 11, 2009

More droid escape pod and battery boxes

Tweaked the escape pod design more today and added a bumper that will be padded with foam to hold the center wheel. I plan on putting a door in the front so I can access the droid from that area to adjust the straps and check the padding. I found four casters I had and attached them to the bottom of the escape pod and it now rolls nicely. Two of the casters had brakes on them.

I did some more work on the battery boxes and actually attached them to my droid by hanging them on an aluminum bracket I made. They hang pretty good but may need some tweaking. The hoses actually caused them to not hang as straight as planned. There's still a bit of a hole in the foot shells that is exposed in the back so I have to come up with a way to make a temporary patch.

No comments: