Contact me

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

These delicate robots

One of the disadvantages of moving a robot is that you greatly increase the odds that something on your robot will get damaged. For some insane reason, I decided to rewire my B9 again the other day (but I'm glad I did because it's really neat inside the torso now). That entailed moving him out to the garage.

Well, somehow in the move, the adjustable voltage regulator in the head broke. The casing that held the input voltage broke right off. As the regulator is attached inside the radar unit, that posed a real problem. I finally ended up fixing it after a lot of work by directly soldering the input wires onto contacts in the regulator and then hot glueing it together to keep the wires from tugging on anything and to insulate the connection. IT WORKED !!! But ... that problem caused another. The shafts to my ears fell out and I thought they were lost for good. Those are required to make the ears turn. While drinking my morning coffee, I thought about where they could have fallen out and by pure luck, found them in the corner of my garage. Very lucky that time. So now B9 is online and in good shape.

Millions of other issues are cropping up days before the SciFi Robot invasion so I need to get going and get ready. I took today off to take care of some of these details.

No comments: