Contact me

Monday, May 22, 2006

Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons

That robot building bug is back. I'm going to look into building a life size Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons cartoon. I don't think it's ever been done before.

Instead of being a static statue, She's going to move around the house as under her own power contolled with a RC (radio control) unit. She will be pushing a vacuum. Rosie was inevitable because it seemed like every woman that sees our robots asks if I'm going to make "one of those Jetson Rosie the Robots". That's usually after they give my wife a sympathetic look after surveying the robotic landscape of our home.

So .... Phase one will be designing a robotic Rosie drive train. I have some really good ideas in this area that I can't wait to experiment with.

No comments: