The arms I did yesterday look like crap.
So this morning my mind was pre-occupied coming up with a new plan to redo Bender's arms. And then that light bulb comes on and a completely different design solves all the problems in yesterdays building. It needed a 2 1/2" diameter vacuum hose with a little plastic primer and a light coat of silver (so the black in the slits shows).
The new design has solid poseable arms. You can remove or replace the outer skin and the structure underneath is flexible. Plus the arms look much better than lame pvc pieces. I also started making skin templates for his torso. Now that the arms are complete it's time to start thinking robot skin.